BX50 Box Smoker Smoke Flow
Features and Benefits of the BX50 Box Smoker
- The 13 gauge double walls with 1" insulation makes this smoker extremely consistent and efficient.
- 20 pounds of charcoal will fire this thing for 8 hours at 250 degrees!
- Only 5 degrees difference between the top and bottom of the cooking chamber.
- Auto-feed water system and a 5-gallon water jug for hassle-free water smoking.
- Removable water pan is easy to clean.
- Built for wet and dry smoking! One of the few box smokers on the market that can smoke jerky.
- 4 stainless steel cooking grates 18.5" x 22.5" spaced 6" apart give you 11.56 sq. ft. of cooking space. These grates will not rust, making your smoker maintenance easier and prevent rust contamination on your meat.
- Painted with 1,200 degree F heat resistant paint. Standard color is black, but you can upgrade to fire engine red, John Deere green, or blue! How COOL is that?
- Positive lock latches keep your doors secure.
- The built-in Guru adapter makes it easy to mount your temp controller if you want to.
- The handy ash pan and fire basket slide out for adding fuel and cleaning the smoker after use. There is a grate in the bottom of the fire box to let the ashes drop into the ash pan, so the fire burns more efficiently.
- The slide out grease pan under the cooking grates catches your grease for easy clean-up. It also works as a charcoal grill pan for turning this beauty into a grill!
- It rolls on 2 flat-free tires and 2 locking casters. No more flat tires.
- Stainless steel handles add a sharp finishing touch.
- 2 thermometers on the smoking chamber door makes it easy to keep a tab on the temperature.
Options for the BX50 Smoker
|Overall Dimensions||66"H x 44"W x 34"D|
|Smoking Chamber Dimensions||29"H x 24"W x 20"D|
|Cooking Area||11.56 sq. ft. (1665 sq. in.)|
|Grate Dimensions||18" x 22"|
|Grate Style||Wire Grid With 1/2" Spacing|
|Fire Basket Dimensions||6"H x 18"W x 20"L|
|Net Weight||625 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||725 lbs.|
|Metal Thickness||13 Gauge|
For smoking, we recommend using non-petroleum based starters. Residue in the smoke from these starters can contaminate the cooking box, potentially effecting the flavor of the meat. The use of a torch or paper and kindling is most effective.
Use approximately 20 lbs. of charcoal in the fire box to get started. Once the meat is placed in the smoker, you can add wood in the fire box for smoking. From there, you can use either wood or charcoal. Add wood or charcoal as needed to maintain the correct temperature. 20 pounds of charcoal lasts for 8 hours cooking at 250 degrees F.
Fill the water pan and then fill the jug at the beginning of your cook. It will take about 5 gallons of water to cook for 12 hours.
Now that you've learned all the smart reasons to buy a Meadow Creek barbecue cooker, where will you buy it? You can't buy straight from Meadow Creek, so it comes down to choosing a dealer. We (Yoder's Smoky Mountain Barbecue) are the leading online distributor for Meadow Creek, and here's our promise to you:
- Prompt and Honest Service: We take calls and emails seriously and do our best to reply within several business days. Sometimes things come up, but we strive to be 100% honest with quotes, lead times, and all.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We are dead serious about making and keeping you happy. We'll make sure you're covered in freight damages and help you troubleshoot problems. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all our Meadow Creek barbeque equipment (except for Ultimate Caterers). If for any reason you are not happy with your unit, you may return the cooker to us within 30 days of the delivery or pickup date, and we will refund the purchase price minus the shipping and handling. You are responsible to pay the return shipping.
- Wow Box: A 3-pack starter kit of Meadow Creek barbecue rub.
- Free Phone Consultation: Once you're our customer, we will gladly answer your questions over the phone and help you troubleshoot problems.
Questions? Need Help?
Grab a copy of our Meadow Creek Buyer's Guide. Or call Marlin (the guy to the right) toll-free at (877) 602-1568 to get some good free advice.
If you're ready to order, you can either choose truck freight to your address or local pickup in Kalona, IA for a small fee (if we have what you want in stock).
If you already have a freight quote or if freight is not a concern, you can buy through our secure online checkout.
What Will It Cost to Ship My BBQ Cooker?
Use this form to request a freight quote from us if you want to have a standard cooker shipped via truck freight. We will do our best to get back to you within 3 business daysoften it's within one business day. If you want a price on an Ultimate Caterer Trailer or other custom unit, visit our custom barbecue trailer page.