Blog Posts That Show Us Cooking on the SQ36:
Jeremy's Birthday BBQ
Pigs for the Hungry
Couples Night Story
Advantages of a Grill Smoker Combo
How to Grill Hamburgers and Fries
A Feast for Your Eyes, a Rumble in Your Stomach
Smokin’ Pork Butts (Serious Business)
Be Inspired. This Thing Is Fired.
Options for the SQ36 Smoker
Features and Benefits of the SQ36 BBQ Smoker
- Non-rusting Stainless Steel Grates make your BBQ smoker maintenance easier and eliminate possible rust contamination on your meat.
- Smoke travels through the smoke distributor and surrounds the meat before exiting out of the chimney.
- Top and bottom vents maintain control of the internal temperature.
- Slide Out Ash Pan collects all the ashes for easy disposal even while you're cooking.
- Charcoal Grate in Fire Box lets the ashes fall below the firebox, so the fire can burn more efficiently.
- Ball Valve Drain conveniently drains grease and water out of the bottom when it's time to clean up and wash it out.
- Stay Cool Handles on Slide Vents and Firebox Door let you control the draft and open hot doors without burning your hand.
- Thermometer on Smoking Chamber Door helps you conveniently keep an accurate tab of the temperature.
- Painted with 1,200 degree F heat resistant paint.
Need help selecting the BBQ smoker that's right for you?
Meat Capacities • Crowd Sizes • Meat Recommendations
|Overall Dimensions||56.5"H x 61.5"L x 29"W|
|Grate Dimensions||14.5" x 35"|
|Grate Style||Wire Grid With 1/2" Spacing|
|2nd Tier Grate Dimensions||13" x 34"|
|Cooking Area||3.52 sq. ft. (507.5 sq. in.)|
|Cooking Area With 2nd Tier Grate||6.59 sq. ft. (949.5 sq. in.)|
|Net Weight||310 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||350 lbs.|
|Metal Thickness on Smoker||13 Gauge|
|Metal Thickness on Fire Box||1/4"|
For smoking, we recommend using non-petroleum based starters. Residue in the smoke from these starters can contaminate the cooking box, potentially effecting the flavor of the meat. The use of a torch or paper and kindling is most effective. Use approximately 15–20 lbs. of charcoal in the fire box to get started. Once the meat is placed in the smoker, you can add wood in the fire box for smoking. From there, you can use either wood or charcoal. Add wood or charcoal as needed to maintain the correct temperature.
For grilling, place charcoal pan in smoker below stainless steel grate and put in approximately 15 pounds of charcoal.
Our Wow Box
Now that you've learned all the smart reasons to buy a Meadow Creek barbecue cooker, where will you buy it? You can't buy straight from Meadow Creek, so it comes down to choosing a dealer. We (Yoder's Smoky Mountain Barbecue) are the leading online distributor for Meadow Creek, and here's our promise to you:
- Prompt and Honest Service: We take calls and emails seriously and do our best to reply within several business days. Sometimes things come up, but we strive to be 100% honest with quotes, lead times, and all.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We are dead serious about making and keeping you happy. We'll make sure you're covered in freight damages and help you troubleshoot problems. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all our Meadow Creek barbeque equipment (except for Ultimate Caterers). If for any reason you are not happy with your unit, you may return the cooker to us within 30 days of the delivery or pickup date, and we will refund the purchase price minus the shipping and handling. You are responsible to pay the return shipping.
- Wow Box: Includes a Yoder's Smoky Mountain Barbecue apron, a pint jar of Meadow Creek BBQ sauce, and a 1-pound shaker of barbecue rub. Plus 400 pounds of 100% Hardwood BBQ Briquettes (a value of $225) if you purchase an Ultimate Caterer BBQ Trailer.
- Free Phone Consultation: Once you're our customer, we will gladly answer your questions over the phone and help you troubleshoot problems.
Questions? Need Help?
Grab a copy of our Meadow Creek Buyer's Guide. Or call Marlin (the guy to the right) toll-free at (877) 602-1568 to get some good free advice.
If you're ready to order, you can either choose truck freight to your address or local pickup in Kalona, IA for a small fee (if we have what you want in stock).
If you already have a freight quote or if freight is not a concern, you can buy through our secure online checkout.
What Will It Cost to Ship My BBQ Cooker?
Use this form to request a freight quote from us if you want to have a standard cooker shipped via truck freight. We will do our best to get back to you within 3 business daysoften it's within one business day. If you want a price on an Ultimate Caterer Trailer or other custom unit, visit our custom barbecue trailer page.